The title is a reference to my favorite poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. We travel through life's journey and we travel around the world, and I believe that the adventures which are off the beaten path are the most enjoyable.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Paradise on the Riviera Maya

In January, we went to Playa del Carmen on the Riviera Maya in Mexico for Dave and Sarah's wedding. Dave is Matt's BFF, and was Matt's best man, so Matt returned the favor.

The wedding ceremony on the beach at our resort

Us on the beach after the ceremony...what a gorgeous day!!

Dance party fun -- thanks to Marco for the idea for this pic :)

We found out that Jen Huffman's parents were gonna be in Playa del Carmen at the same time as us. Their resort was 3 doors down, so we met up one afternoon for drinks. What fun!

Jason, Summer, Dave, Sarah, Matt and I went on an excursion. It started with zip-lining through the jungle. Then we snorkeled in cenotes (underground water-filled caves) and repelled off a platform. Finally, we went to Tulum (Mayan ruins).

Cenote (underground, water-filled cave)

The gang before snorkeling

Us at Tulum...

Matt and I stayed a few extra days after the "wedding week". We went up to Cancun, then drove out to Chichen Itza, which is the most famous Mayan ruin site.

This pic proves we were there :)

We've decided that a warm-weather vacation is a must during winter from now on. Hmm...where should we go next??

2 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

The pics are beautiful. It looks like great weather and a lot of fun.

I can't beleive that in the circle picture of people that no one has a double chin. You have very fit friends!

7:22 AM

 
Blogger h said...

Love the pics and now I want to go there, too! How fun that you got to meet up with Huffman's parents...I love her parents. ;)

7:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home