The title is a reference to my favorite poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. We travel through life's journey and we travel around the world, and I believe that the adventures which are off the beaten path are the most enjoyable.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Embarrassing and Traumatic Moments

Embarrassing Moment:
I went down to the UM/OSU game in the fall with the Bus, which is a school bus that's painted maize and blue of which I am a part owner...we host the tailgate for home games. I'll give you more details and pics of the Bus later. Anyway, we didn't take the Bus down to Ohio, for fear that the OSU fans would trash it. I had an exceptionally wonderful day! First of all, we went to this bar that was half UM and half OSU. There were 40 of us, and the place was full, so my roommate and I asked these guys if we could leave our coats on their chairs. Turns out they were from Royal Oak, so we chatted with them for a while. They decided that every time Michigan scored, we had to do a Jäger bomb. Let me tell you, that was a high scoring game, and even tho we'd walk away for quite a while, they had shots lined up for us when we were back by their table. I'm not sure how many I did...6 or 7, but a lot. On the bus ride home, I wasn't feeling so well, and I puked all over myself. I didn't find out till weeks later that I puked all over Ted's head as well...he was sitting right in front of me. Good thing he wasn't mad, but he made the point to tell the story over and over at Beer Olympics. I'd say that was my most embarrassing moment at b-school...thus far...
Lesson Learned: No Jäger bombs if you're taking a 4 hour bus ride home

Traumatic Moment:
I had lots of intership interviews in January. On one particular day, I had an interview with P&G, but it was after class (I had class then). As I was sitting in the lecture hall, I crossed my leg under the desk, only to find that my knee was stuck to the underside of the desk! Yes, my knee was stuck in a huge chunk of old, nasty chewed gum...gross! Why are people so disgusting? I didn't have time to go home and change, so I had to do the best I could to get the gum off...nasty, now I had to touch this person's old chewed gum. I tried for a while, but the gum was not coming off my nice black suite pants. Then a lightbulb lit up over my head...what about an eraser? That did the trick. My eraser got all of the gum off my pants, and I chalked it up to engineering ingenuity. However, my ordeal wasn't over. I used the ladies room before the interview (needing to wash my hands of course), but I inadvertently forgot to zip up my pants. I was horrified to find out that I went through the entire interview with my zipper down. I don't think they noticed, but I still felt stupid.
Lessons Learned: People are gross and always check your zipper before an interview

8 Comments:

Blogger YGS said...

I love your new blog title!

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Kara said...

I am so glad that you update your blog now. I have missed our phone conversations. We need to catch up soon.

3:21 PM

 
Blogger alanna rose said...

You crack me! Glad to see you back amongst the bloggers :)

3:28 PM

 
Blogger karen c konkel said...

I'm sorry but getting pooped on by the bird beats the gum...and the fly.

Great to see you're back. Can't wait to read more. :)

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Poor Andrea! No wonder you got the intership with P&G, they liked your little show. ;)

6:34 AM

 
Blogger AJ said...

Laura beat me to it:)

8:52 AM

 
Blogger Danielle Michelle said...

I am seriously laughing right now!

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks for the entertaining tales!

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home