Chicago Bound
So, it's officially official now. I accepted my offer from SC J0hnson and Matt and I are moving to Chicago after we're both done with grad school. Well, not right after grad school. We plan on traveling this summer -- the location is yet to be determined. We were originally thinking SE Asia, but it's gonna be hot and humid in mid summer. Now we're thinking that we're gonna travel Eastern Europe. That way, it gives Matt a chance to hit up some big cities in Western Europe, then we can go see new things together. We haven't decided on a route yet, but Hungary and Croatia are on the list for sure. Perhaps we'll get as far down as Turkey...who knows!
We're planning to move in August...super exciting. Jen and Aric are there, along with tons of other friends, so we can't wait. We're probably gonna live in the Buckt0wn area. I have to take the train up to Racine, WI so I want to be close to the station. I'll take the train up to Kenosha, then a shuttle van (paid for by SCJ) will take me the rest of the way. I only have to do this commute about 3 days per week. They subsidize a hotel one night per week, so I can crash in Racine for $20. I'll do the full commute Monday and Tuesday, head up Wednesday (stay the night) then commute home on Thursday. I get to work from home EVERY Friday! So, hopefully I'll get some free time back by being able to do laundry and other things while I'm working on Fridays.
Once again, I need to catch up on everyone's blogs. I don't know how all of you moms do it...keep up with life and blogs. Any tips?
Miss you all. Happy holidays!


12 Comments:
Congratulations! Now getting together is a requirement - before you move!!
6:00 AM
Congrats!!!
I keep up on blogs by checking from work, either on my lunch hour, or when my brain hurts from writing reports:)
7:06 AM
Wow! It's so exciting that you get to travel. I have a friend that is from Croatia. Let me know if you want her info so that you can get some tips!
7:42 AM
Congrats on the job offer! You can't move to Chicago and leave us here!!!! We have to get together lots before you leave. ;)
7:57 AM
Congratulations. I have to say that I am sad that you won't be near my parents anymore, but it is a great move for you two. Also, I LOVE Croatia. I think it was one of my favorite locations to visit when I lived in Germany. The cultural is so different, but the people are amazing (at least my friend, her family, and friends were).
Give me a call when you have a chance so we can catch up.
2:27 PM
I can't wait for you to be closer. Plan on seeing me more often girl.
1:11 PM
Congratulations! I would love to go to Europe this year (it was supposed to be our 5th anniversary trip) - so have lots of fun and take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you.
9:46 AM
Congrats on your new job! That sounds awesome. Chicago is so fun!
7:56 AM
Awesome! It sounds like things are falling into place! Everyone in MI will miss you!! Keep in touch.
12:01 PM
Way fun move! We'll have to come visit. And in response to your c-card...you guys are welcome anytime! We're planning ski trips right now in fact!
4:38 PM
How exciting! You'll have to let me know when you move here! I live right by the Magnificent Mile... so not too far from Bucktown either!
3:28 PM
I'm so excited that you'll be moving closer to me, I work in Oak Creek, so during work we'll only be 30 minutes away from each other! Hope I get to see you lots!
8:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home