The title is a reference to my favorite poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. We travel through life's journey and we travel around the world, and I believe that the adventures which are off the beaten path are the most enjoyable.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The BUS

What is The BUS you ask? Well, it's an old school bus that's been partially gutted, so we could add couches and a DJ booth. The outside is painted maize and blue, featuring the Wolverine helmet design.There are 50 MBA members of the BUS, it consists of 2/3 second years and 1/3 first years. I'll be a member for both years, as was Jen Huffm@n...the MTU girls know where the party's at! (That's me on the far right).


We host tailgates for all the home UM games, and we often travel to nearby away games (probably MSU and Wisconsin this year). As members, we start the day at 6am at BOC (Breakfast of Champions), then we go to setup the tailgate.

The tailgate starts at 9am, and we have a DJ spinning tunes, flip cup tables, beer pong tables, and bongs running down the side of the BUS.

The cost is $5 for a cup all day (although it may need to increase if our costs go up too much this year). Any and all friends are welcome. The students in attendance are mostly MBAs, with hardly any (if any) undergrads...although we try to rival them with our keg stands! We tear down when the cops come yell at us (usually around 10pm), then we head out to the local bars.


Did I mention that any and all friends are welcome!

Here is the Michigan schedule for the 2007 season. Let me know if you're interested in attending any of the home games in Ann Arbor, or if you want to look for us at one of the away games (likely MSU and Wisconsin). Heck, even Stephen M. R0ss (who donated $100M to our school) came to one of these last year...he's the old guy right behind me in the last picture.

Sept. 1, 2007 Appalaichian St.
Sept. 8, 2007 Oregon
Sept. 15, 2007 Notre Dame
Sept. 22, 2007 Penn State
Sept. 29, 2007 @ Northwestern
Oct. 6, 2007 Eastern Michigan
Oct. 13, 2007 Purdue
Oct. 20, 2007 @ Illinois
Oct. 27, 2007 Minnesota
Nov. 3, 2007 @ Michigan State
Nov. 10, 2007 @ Wisconsin
Nov. 17, 2007 Ohio State

10 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Nice pipes in the 2nd picture!

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

That looks like so much fun! I miss college :) Come to the Illinois game!

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Kara said...

Looks like so much fun. Reminds me of the good old college years.

6:55 PM

 
Blogger h said...

I'll be there for at least one game this year since I didn't make it to any last year!!!

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Not sure who "brooks family" is...

1:15 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Andrea! It's Melissa Brooks (Metzler) from Tech. I saw the link to your page from the other AGD's and thought I would say hi! I was a dphie and we were on panhel together for a while. Sorry; just another stalker :)

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Hey Melissa! How are you! No worries, I remember you :) but just not from the blog title/owner. I tried to click on the link, but it told me I was blocked. I like stalkers!

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

I didn't know that I didn't have my profile public; I'll change that!

Glad to see everything is going great for you!

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Lesley said...

I so want to go to party on the Bus, count me in!

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I love football! Do you guys go to many games or just do the tailgating portion? How hard is it to get tickets usually? I know Trav and I were hoping to go to a game either this year or next...

9:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home