Pirates of the Huron River
I finished my first year of grad school last week. The last 7 weeks have been spent working on a single project, so we did lots of research (hence the trips to Prague and Germany), then spent tons of time creating a final presentation and final report based on our findings. I can't believe I'm done with year one, and I'm officially an MBA2...lots of fun to look forward to next year!
Once we finished the school year, there was lots of celebrating. Thursday night we went to the standard Happy Hour, which was very well attended! After that, we went to Circu$ B@r for some karaoke and 55 cent P*B*Rs...one couldn't ask for a better night! Friday was a bit more low key with a few drinks at a local establishment. Saturday we went canoeing on the Huron River...what a blast. We enjoyed our slow float down the river, quenching our thirst with a brewskie or eight. I was supposed to head up to Kim and Jen's 30th birthday party, but unfortunatly I couldn't drive after the river festivities, so I stayed in Ann Arbor. I was the "Napkin Queen" at D0minik's -- I covered myself in napkins because it was kinda cold. I don't have any pictures of that yet, but it was funny. Finally, we spent the end of Saturday dancing the night away at R!ck's...muchas booty shaking! All in all, it was a great weekend celebrating the end of the first year. Here's a great pic of the "Pirates of the Huron River"...


5 Comments:
Congrats! Sounds like a super fun weekend!
I'm so jealous you're so far along. I'm only on class number 3 of my MBA:(
7:30 AM
Congrats! :) We definitely have to get together during the day before you leave for Cinci...give me a call or drop me a line and we'll set something up.
8:03 AM
Congratulations! Loved the picture!
8:43 AM
Maybe I need to go back to school so I can keep having fun...
12:28 PM
I want to go back to school, but I have no desire to put the time into it. I feel like I would be sacrificing my time with the kids. Maybe as they get older my mind will change.
Love the pic by the way!!
2:28 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home